It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

How can i bulk delete issues in Jira, its throwing an error?? Edited

While deleting my issues the jira is showing me this error, kindly help me with it. I need to delete them from UI itself because i don't have other access like database.

2018-10-08_1919.png

3 answers

0 votes

This will need to go to https://support.atlassian.com/contact as a support request, as you need to read the logs to find out what the error is, and you can't do that on Cloud.

The other option might be to start deleting them one by one, until you get a proper error message on the first issue that is failing.

Yes i did the second thing deleted one by one :(

Hi @Mayur D. Vichare,

I'm afraid your first step is going to be following the error and check the log.

If you don't have access then you'll need to contact a system admin who has access to the atlassian-jira.log

Get them to check the log at the time you ran the bulk operation, or even better, run the operation while they are monitoring the log.

Any related errors there may point to the problem.

It may be worth getting another user to try the same operation. See if it works for them.

Regards,

Gary

Thank you for your reply

I discovered that I was getting errors because I was deleting tasks and their subtasks and I think the subtasks were getting deleted BEFORE the tasks. Solution was to update my JQL to exclude subtasks so that I'm only deleting the parents (and they automatically delete the subtasks anyway)

... AND type != Sub-task

Suggest an answer

TAGS

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you