How can i assigned back to reporter for verification and closure?

sushil choudhari
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
February 11, 2012

I want to assign issue after it is marked as fixed or wont fix, i want to assign it back to reporter who is not a developer always.

Please help

Sushil

2 answers

0 votes
Pieter van Boxtel February 11, 2012

Maybe a too obvious answer; don't do that. I would guess the reason to assign an issue back to the reporter is to bring it into his attention. But there is no reason to change the assignment to do so. The reporter is already linked to the issue and he can just monitor resolved issues. To handle this I have two filters (which are also displayed on my dashboard:

• Being a developer I want to see open issues assigned to me. I work on them and mark them resolved when I am done;
  • Or when creating issues I want to see resolved issues reported my me. I check those, test them and close respectively reopen when I think the solution is good or not.
Dieter
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 11, 2012
My understanding of an assignee is that this is the person who has to do something. As i understand Sushils questions he wants the reporter to do something and for that reason he wants to assign the issue to the reporter. For soe reason he did not yet manage to do this. For me the most obvious reason is the missing permission.But might also be he can't see the Assign operation due to missing Assign permission Or something else
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 11, 2012

It's a perfectly valid thing to do - in many projects, we assign back to reporter to ask for more information and to get them to close it. It works well if that's your process. Neither of the filters you mention are affected by resolved issues being assigned back to the reporter.

0 votes
Dieter
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 11, 2012

In your case the issue is usually reopenened using the transition "Reopen" and assigned in this transition. Or when the issue is resolved it is assigned to the Reporter. The reporter then closes the issue after verification. The standard Jira workflow supports this.

To make this work the Reporter (not role project-reporters) must have the Assignable Permission in the project's permission Scheme.

Suggest an answer