How can i add label or any items to the Create Issue page?

Scheibli Márk July 6, 2017

Hi,

I am a beginner Jira developer and i want to ask that i can somehow put labels, textfields or anyithing on the Create Issue page that appears after i clicked on Create bar at the top.

I want to put there a label and maybe a textfield. I want to save those informations that the user write in the textfield into a database.

Is that even possible? I've already searched of a lot of things about JSON, Atlassian SDK plugins and addons, but i haven't found any good information.

If possible please guide me for this .

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 6, 2017

Labels and text fields are standard field types in JIRA, you can just add them to the "create" screen, and use them, no need for code.

See https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver073/project-screens-schemes-and-fields-861253368.html

Scheibli Márk July 7, 2017

Thanks for the fast reply.

Can i ask that i can make special custom fields for myself with special functions in JAVA? Is there a tutorial for that?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 7, 2017

Yes, you can, but you need to write add-ons to provide the custom field *types*

Start at https://developer.atlassian.com/jiradev/jira-platform/guides/fields/tutorial-creating-a-custom-field-type

Scheibli Márk July 11, 2017

I tried this tutorial, but somehow i got stucked. If i create a new plugin and then i add a simple jira custom field module and i run the server, shouldnt be the custom field type in the field configuration menu or in the add custom field menu already? I have not changed the vm or anything (I am using Jira 7.3).

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 11, 2017

A custom field module should create a new type of field, like "select list", "date", "number" or "text".

So you should be able to go to "add custom field" and select it from the list there.  You'll almost certainly need to select "advanced" fields or "all" to be able to find it though.

Okay. Its totally clear.

I just ran in cmd atlas-create-jira-plugin and after it builded up i ran the atlas-create-jira-plugin-module command and i chose the number 4, custom field. Everything went fine. After that i didnt change anything and just started  the server with atlas-run and it did it well, so now i can go up to the local server. But there still is not my custom field name in the add custom field. I dont know why. Should i change the vm file or the java file?

On my desktop, i am using Atlassian Plugin SDK 6.2.14 and Jira Software 7.4.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 11, 2017

Is your add-on loaded ok and enabled?

What does the atlassian-plugin.xml say the field type should show as?

Oh, u are right. The addon is on the server, but cant be loaded.

Suggest an answer