How can forward jira task from Development Branch to Test Branch

Adem Yalçın July 12, 2021

Hi,
we have jira task when I merge my task to dev , task forwarding there isn't a problem. But When I get new pull request from Dev to Test these tasks( Which I merged task into the dev branch)  doesn't forwarding to next column. Is there solution for this ?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 13, 2021

Hi Adem,

I understand that you have Jira integrated with some development platform such as github or bitbucket and that when a branch is merged to dev, the issue in Jira is transitioned to the next status.  However when you merge a task into the dev branch, the Jira issue is not transitioned.

I suspect that this is happening because of the way the workflow is configured in your environment.  Please see the documentation over in Configure workflow triggers for a good overview of this feature.  Depending on which development tool you are using here, some features might not be available to be used as a workflow trigger.  But these are explained in that document.

If this is not sufficient to explain the problem, please let us know more about which development tool is integrated here, and perhaps if we can better understand the specific workflow setting here to understand if this is an expected function or not here.  You might need to reach out to a Jira admin in your organization in order to confirm the specific workflow settings for triggers in this case.

Thanks

Andy

Adem Yalçın July 27, 2021

We solved like that the problem, I have to put jira name in the commit message then it's worked ;)
thank you for helping ;

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events