How can add myself to System Administrator group?

Musa Peker
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
September 13, 2012

Hi,

I'm testing Jira for my company and if we'll satisfy from jira, we will use it in our company. But I have 2 question,

1- I can not add myself to System Administrator group which admin user belongs to me.

2- I can not set email notification to test users.

Best regards.

Musa

5 answers

0 votes
MIZU CCKSPT September 17, 2012

Hi,

1- No Outgoing mail page on jira on demand

2- I did via support page but still doesn't work

regards

0 votes
Higashi
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 17, 2012

Check that you have configured jira correctly:

1) Configure mail server. Go to Administration->Mail->Outgoing Mail.

2) Configure Notification schema: Go to Project->Administer Project->Notification schemas

0 votes
MIZU CCKSPT September 17, 2012

Thanks for the info.

For the second one,

I can not send invitation mail to users and jira doesn't send any notification mail to other users.

0 votes
Bruno Rosa
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 16, 2012

If you are running JIRA OnDemand (as tagged in this question), it's not possible to have users inside the system-administrators group, as per the restricted functions in Atlassian OnDemand https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/AOD/Restricted+Functions+in+Atlassian+OnDemand

The only user who has system-administrator permission, is the user that the support use to manage the environment.

• 2 - I can not set email notification to test users

For the second question, I don't think I understood what you trying to achieve. Perhaps, if you could clarify it, I could try to help you.

Cheers

0 votes
Higashi
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 13, 2012

Did I understand You correctly: You have localy installed jira, and having problem with adding yourself as an global administrator?

there's a help regarding retriving admin password, that can help you reset/set password and add yourself to admin group: https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA050/Retrieving+the+JIRA+Administrator

Suggest an answer