How can MailFetcherService report more mail headers to issue description

Hello,

we let create issues through MailFetcherService and unfortunately it has now been found that it is very important for a department to distinguish whether this issue was created by mail directly to the Jira service address (To:) or Copy (Cc:) / blind copy (Bcc:).

It would be very nice to have a plugin that the mail headers From:, To:, Cc: and Bcc: would write to CustomFields. Such a thing I have unfortunately not been found so far.

There would eventually be JEMH, but this is probably "shooting at sparrows with cannons" and also accordingly expensive.

It would probably also suffice if the usual message of the service "[Created via e-mail received from: <Mailaddress>]" would be extended with the corresponding headers, so that this data is as simple text in the description, like:

"[Created via e-mail received from: <xxx>, to: <xxx>, cc: <xxx>, bcc: <xxx>]"

Does anyone have any idea how to solve this problem?

Thank you and best regards,

O. Dauter

1 answer

I like cannons :) Y'know, if your need is minimal there is a 'freebie' JEMH mode (just dont install a license, config file is in the JAR as ever), no UI, no frills, key stuff missing etc, but just happens to do what you want for absolutely nothing, of course, this is a 'community' model so doesn't receive as much testing, which is where you come in...

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Sarah Schuster
Posted Jan 29, 2018 in Jira

What are common themes you've seen across successful & failed Jira Software implementations?

Hey everyone! My name is Sarah Schuster, and I'm a Customer Success Manager in Atlassian specializing in Jira Software Cloud. Over the next few weeks I will be posting discussion topics (8 total) to ...

2,866 views 12 18
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot