How can I write a quick filter that takes user input?

When I am looking at a Greenhopper board with lots of stories, I want to filter it so that I only see stories associated with a particular Epic.

I can write a Quickfilter to do this. But I need to name the Epic.

I would like to write a filter that when selected would open a dialog to let me enter the epic I want.

In my particular case, I am using a Kanban board.

2 answers

1 accepted

This widget could not be displayed.

I was afraid that it wasn't possible. Thanks.

hi @George Carvill

It is now using the Agile Board Filter

board filtering.png

This widget could not be displayed.

Actually, you can choose the Epic from the list of epics from the left hand side of the Rapid Board Plan mode, which automatically filters all issues in the epic itself. Combined with your quick filter, you will get exactly the results you want.

Right you are.

But in my case I am using a Kanban board. Should have mentioned that.

But leaving the "Epic" detail out, the generic question is about a way to get dynamic input into a quickfilter.

Ahh, kanban board... Epics are conceptually only used in Scrum boards, though. Assuming you are aiming for tidyness, the only way for you to organize/separate issues in a kanban board is through quick filters and swimlanes... https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/GH/Working+with+Epics

Unfortunately I do not think dynamic quick filters are possible without a fair bit of customisation. ): sorry for not being of help.

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Summit 2018

Meet the community IRL

Atlassian Summit is an excellent opportunity for in-person support, training, and networking.

Learn more
Community showcase
Posted Wednesday in New to Jira

Are you planning to trial, or are currently trialling Jira Software? - We want to talk to you!

Hello! I'm Rayen, a product manager at Atlassian. My team and I are working hard to improve the trial experience for Jira Software Cloud. We are interested in   talking to 20 people planning t...

285 views 5 0
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you