How can I view status in backlog without having to map all status in a board

For my project I have 3 boards a kanban board each for analysis and testing and a scrum board for development. I have status's that are mapped to the analysis and testing boards and not mapped to the development board. This means however that when looking at the backlog view the tickets that do not have status's mapped to the development board do not show up in the backlog view. Any ideas how to make it so I can see all tickets in the backlog without having them mapped to the development board.

Thanks,

Amy

1 answer

0 vote

Hi Amy,

Create a status called backlog and configure this status to not be in the board columns.

Hi Cristian,

I have this status already but if it is un-mapped in a column then tickets in this status do not show in the backlog view.

Thanks,

Amy

There is a difference between unmapped and used as backlog.

Check the image belowCaptura.PNG

Hi it's a scrum board rather than a kanban board, can I still do this? It doesn't show up when I open the configure kanban column?

Thanks,

Amy

Amy,

This is how scrum works. Scrum board doesn't have a backlog in a sprint because in a sprint you are working in those issues. The backlog in scrum is the list of tasks outside a sprint and, when a task is in a screen, it is not in the backlog anymore.

Anyway, you can see the issues in the "backlog" menu but above the "backlog" and it is called sprint.

Cristian,

I think I'm not explaining myself clearly so hopefully the below example will make sense.

I have a staus called BA To Do, this status is currently only mapped to the analysis board. If there is no sprint tagged in a ticket with this status and I go onto the backlog view in jira this ticket does not show in the backlog. If I map this status to a column within the development board it does show in the backlog. I would like to know how I can have this status un-mapped to a column but still show tickets in this status in the backlog view.

Thanks,

Amy

You can't.  You're effectively asking to see issues you have chosen not to see.  It's one or the other.

If you want to see an issue on the board, it needs to be selected by the board to be visible - the board filter needs to select it and it needs to be told in what column to appear.

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published Monday in Jira Software

How large do you think Jira Software can grow?

Hi Atlassian Community! My name is Shana, and I’m on the Jira Software team. One of the many reasons this Community exists is to connect you to others on similar product journeys or with comparabl...

616 views 6 12
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you