How can I view all my Epics in “Epic progress” under “Insights”?, as i could only see 5 epics only.

Zeeshan Saeed June 19, 2022

I habe 8 Epics in the Sprint. The Insights Show only 4 epics and the 5th one is the aggregated Progress tab for the remaining 4 Epics. How can I edit this to view all the Epics individually with Progresses percentage under Insights please?

1 answer

0 votes
Walter Buggenhout
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 19, 2022

Hi @Zeeshan Saeed and welcome to the Community!

Although my below answer is not based on public documentation, I think it makes (common) sense anyway: as a single sprint is by nature intended to focus on limiting scope and getting things done in short periods of time, my guess is that an underlying assumption is made that working on more than 5 Epics in a single sprint is probably not really what you should be doing to actually deliver stuff at a fast pace.

Maybe you have too many projects on a single board, maybe you are using sprints longer than 2 or 3 weeks for a team with way too many people, maybe your definition of an Epic is not entirely at the right level. Or maybe there's a bunch of other (plausible) reasons why you end up with more than 5 epics in a single sprint.

Although the Insights charts are very handy and right at your fingertips, there are other ways to track progress of your various Epics, such as:

• checking the progress bars of your Epics in the Epics panel on the backlog view;
  • checking the Epic and Epic Burndown reports from your board
  • and certainly more with reporting apps of all sorts and flavours

Hope this helps!

Gary Pinkham March 29, 2023

common sense says a team of 15+ should only be doing 5 things at most?   no thanks. 

so the three bullets are not really an answer for the OP.   basically there is no way to see sprint progress on all included Epics.  Backlog shows everything not just this sprint.   reports show one Epic at a time...   and the usual pay for a jira plugin for all 100+ users so one user can see a basic should be included report. 

Like Lena Kirova likes this

Suggest an answer