How can I use a simple scripted validator to check whether a comment has been included in the transition?

DavidM July 17, 2015

I want to have a simple scripted validator to determine that a comment has been set in the transition if a custom field has been set to a particular value.

I have other validators for the transition, so it's not a matter of choose any/all with built-in validators.

In the same transition, I have this validator:

!(cfValues['String Custom Field'].getValue().contains('Foo') && cfValues['Other Custom Field'] == null)

so what I want is something like

!(cfValues['String Custom Field'].getValue().contains('Bar') && comment expression != null)

So, my question is, what do I need for comment expression?

2 answers

1 accepted

5 votes
Answer accepted
JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 19, 2015

If you add the plugin's label the right people are more likely to see the question.

Untested, but to check for a comment this should work:

transientVars.get("comment")

so:

!(cfValues['String Custom Field'].getValue().contains('Bar') || transientVars.get("comment")

should require a comment when String Custom Field contains Bar.

0 votes
DavidM July 19, 2015

Thank you for the quick answer and the advice about how to label future questions, much appreciated!

transientVars.get('comment')

worked perfectly.

Suggest an answer