Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

How can I use Exalate to sync user fields between Service Now and Jira Cloud?

Edited

I realize this is an Atlassian community space, but it's Jira related, and I could really use the help...

Using Exalate, I am trying to sync fields between SN and Jira, and it is just seemingly impossible.  Here are the fields I am looking to sync, SN on the left, Jira on the right.

requested_for Reporter
assigned_to <>  Assignee
watch_list Watcher

It gets a little more complex since one of the issue types we are trying to sync from in Service Now is catalog task, so that definitely messes with the field name there, but in any case, I am getting nothing but errors when trying to get info from SN to Jira.  This i the key transition point since the initial trigger is the creation of a catalog task from SN which creates a task in Jira.

Has anyone cracked this problem yet?  I can't even seem to get information to leave SN without an error.  For example - look at this anonymized error:

Error Detail Message:
Cannot cast object '{display_value=John Doe (JDOE), link=https://client.service-now.com/api/now/v2/table/sys_user/68cea2c52c4c32c0c8e2a692842efa26}' with class 'scala.collection.convert.Wrappers$MapWrapper' to class 'com.exalate.api.domain.hubobject.v1_2.IHubUser' due to: groovy.lang.GroovyRuntimeException: Could not find matching constructor for: com.exalate.api.domain.hubobject.v1_2.IHubUser(scala.collection.convert.Wrappers$MapWrapper)

Is there documentation which clearly states how to sync user data between these two issue trackers?

0 answers

Suggest an answer

TAGS

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you