How can I transition and modify rank of an issue in one go?

saraponga April 22, 2012

Right now, when I drag an issue on my rapid board from one column to another, it simply ends up somewhere in the new column according to its current rank. In my case, this is usually in the bottom of the list. Usually, this is not where I want my issue to be.

I would like to be able to directly drag the issue to a specific place in the new column. I want the issue to be placed just below the issue on which I let go.

Is this possible in some way?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
sclowes
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 23, 2012

Hi Sara,

At the moment this isn't possible. We have left it this way so that users do not accidentally re-rank issues when dragging them from column to column (though this is probably more important for Scrum thatn for Kanban).

We may look at this in the future but it is not planned.

Regards,
Shaun

saraponga June 3, 2012

Do you have a suggestion for how to handle that incoming issues need to be "accepted" before they move on in the workflow?

Should we still go for the extra status and simply force our product owners to first "accept" the issues by dragging them to the correct column, and after that rank them correctly? Or is there some other, better, way to achieve the same?

Another option that comes to my mind is to introduce a custom field instead of a new status, to indicate the issues still needing to be checked out. I realize that we still would have the same problem then, that you can't achieve it all in one go.

I am looking for the easiest and simplest way for our product owners to get a grip of their backlogs.

Suggest an answer