How can I transition an Issue within its current column?

Andrew Brown February 23, 2015

I've set up some columns with multiple statuses and would like to be able to transition an Issue between those statuses within the same column without having to move them into another column and back. Is this possible?

If it's helpful/relevant, I'm using the Agile plugin.

Example:

gh_6-2-1_transition-issue_multi-status-column.png

If I have an issue currently in Close Issue, how can I move it into another status in that column, like Resolve Issue?

2 answers

2 votes
Mauro Badii
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 23, 2015

You can't move them with the mouse but you can do:

While having the issue selected, do keyboard: "." (dot) to open the Operations option and start typing the name of the Status you want to transition the issue to. It will be auto completed so just hit enter and your issue will transition wink

Cheers!

Steven F Behnke
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 24, 2015

I don't think enough users know about the Operations menu, I rarely interact with issues via the mouse, I just keyboard drive 8)

2 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 23, 2015

I'm afraid you can't.  

Atlassian built Agile without the ability to move between status in the same column, and although a lot of us have asked for it, they've shut down the feature request to allow it with a "we don't have this on our roadmap" comment, so I don't think it will ever be implemented sad

Suggest an answer