How can I track team time availability and based on this assign tasks in Jira?

Carlotta De Filippis November 25, 2022

Hello everyone,

I am pretty new in Jira and I need, as mentioned in my question, to track the time availability of my team and based on this assign to them tasks.

May you can help me? 

Thank you in advance

Carlotta

5 answers

1 vote
Nataliya Vasyliv_Reliex_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
December 8, 2022

Hi @Carlotta De Filippis 

If you considering using a plugin then ActivityTimeline could be a solution for you.

On a Plan dashboard you can easily track the teams' and individual users' availability:Screenshot 2022-12-08 at 16.18.07.gif

For reporting ActivityTimeline provides the next reports:
- Person availability report: you can see the availability for each resource in your teams
Person Availability Report.png
- Team availability report: you can track the availability of different teams
- Position availability: you can find the available resource by position for the needed position in your project with this report 
- Skill/Level availability: this report can simplify the search for resources by specified skills
Screenshot 2022-12-08 at 16.20.50@2x.png
If you have any additional requirements please feel free to ask me. We can provide a demo session for you if needed.
Best, Nataliya, ActivityTimeline Team

1 vote
Karolina Wons_SaaSJet
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 25, 2022

Hello @Carlotta De Filippis 

Welcome to the community!

Can you clarify, please, do you need the time tracking report or do you just want to track whether the team members have some free time? 

Carlotta De Filippis November 25, 2022

Hello Karolina,

thank you :)

Both of the activities :)

Karolina Wons_SaaSJet
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 25, 2022

As for me, a good thing about tracking time and team performance is monitoring how long each issue has been spent in each status and how long it takes each team member to solve the issue. 

Time in Status for Jira Cloud can help you with this. 

You can try its Assignee time and Time in Status reports which help to track team efficiency and identify bottlenecks.

GIF TIS.gif

Or many other features you will find helpful.

This add-on is developed by my SaaSJet team. Please, let me know if you have any questions.

Hope it helps

0 votes
Maria
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
November 27, 2022

Hello @Carlotta De Filippis, it's Tania from Planyway.

Planyway is an app for Jira which can help with tracking your team's availability. It's free for teams up to 10, has the workload view and time tracking reports.

The workload shows daily capacity per team member based on the tasks assigned to them. A task should have an original estimation for Planyway to calculate the over- or underload of a team member:

Screenshot 2022-11-28 at 14.52.56.png

In the Reports tab, you can see how much time was tracked on issues by a project or user.

Feel free to share any questions, I'll be happy to advise.

0 votes
Tara Mullen-Boustiha November 25, 2022

Hi @Carlotta De Filippis 

Jira Software has built-in WIP (work in progress) limits your team can customize. When you add issues over the WIP limit, the column is automatically highlighted in red.  You can determine the limits by number of issues assigned to an individual or number of issues in the "In progress" column.

Go to the board settings of your kanban board. Choose the Columns tab and you will see max and min under each column. That is how you set WIP limit.

Hope this helps!

0 votes
Dan -minware-
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 25, 2022

Disclaimer: marketplace partner!

Hey @Carlotta De Filippis -

If you are open to a 3rd party we have a predictive roadmap / capacity planning report available in minware and should be able to help.

Here is the current state of the report visualizing the estimated completion date of future work that has been assigned. You can manually tweak the velocity scalar to project a best/worst case scenario and we have plans to further improve the accuracy based on historical velocity:

minware capacity.png

Dan -minware-
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 1, 2023

Hey @Carlotta De Filippis hope all is well! Were you able to solve for this?

Suggest an answer