How can I to automatically set a task end date to the end date of the assigned sprint?

Beverly Bricker February 7, 2018

Basically I want to automatically set a task end date to the end date ofthe Sprint it's assigned (and remove when the task is placed back into backlog)

2 answers

1 vote
Mariano Galán Martín February 7, 2018

Script runner...

You will need to develop a script listener that updates the end date, or create a scripted field that returns the issue sprint end date (or null)...

Thomas Deiler
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 7, 2018

Dear @Mariano Galán Martín,

this is the same, if you would recommend a person, who want's to drink coffee from a cup that is 2 meters away, to take a straw to drink the coffee from the distance.

Yes, technically you can do, but it is better to tell the person to make two steps forward, lift the cup and drink.

So long

Thomas

Beverly Bricker February 9, 2018

This makes sense.

I'm looking at the groovy scripts now.  

Bev

0 votes
Thomas Deiler
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 7, 2018

Dear @Beverly Bricker,

this can be for sure done with a groovy script. But why do you need to set the end date of an issue to the end of the sprint date, when using the agile board?

This means, you are keeping information redundant.

So long

Thomas

My goal is to NOT set a due date or end date within the task since, in Agile, these change based on priority.   Instead, I'd like to have the placement of that task in a sprint from the backlog (or another way around) to determine the date. (due or end date, I don't care)

Currently, when I add or move a task, I have to manually update all TASK due dates to match the Sprint date.  And of course with Agile these get moved around per priority.

Also, when looking at the Issues List, to export a report for the client, no end/due date shows (because I leave blank) and I'd like to show/sort the end date.  

Make sense?

Bev

Thomas Deiler
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 7, 2018

Dear @Beverly Bricker,

I understood your explanation. I recommend to ignore the due date if your users work in an agile board for the reason you explained. When the planning changes you have to fix the due date, on and on.

Automatically all issues have a due date - that's the end of the sprint and stored in the entity "sprint".

For the export, you are right. The due date column will be empty, but you could export the issues in "Sprint Blocks". So each export (and all its issues) have the same due date - that of the sprint.

So long

Thomas

Thanks, Thomas!

Suggest an answer