How can I stop users from commenting on closed issue?

Adele Brown September 22, 2016

Hi, I have added to my workflow the following properties on the status "closed", however users can still comment on a closed issue.

Jira.issue.editable - FALSE

Jira.permission.work - FALSE

Jira.permission .comment.user - DENIED

Any ideas how i can stop users from commenting on a closed JIRA item?

Thanks
Adele

4 answers

0 votes
Adele Brown September 26, 2016

Thankyou!

Yes I put the "denied" in the "Property value" not part of the "Property Key"?

Mahtab
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 17, 2020

Make sure that in the Workflow for desired transition that you set this under View Properties and then set jira.permission.comment.user as the property key and then either denied or false as the Property value. This will make it to where on that specific transition step that the user is unable to make a comment.

0 votes
Mathiyalagan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 23, 2016

Use this property to solve this issue,

jira.permission.comment.user = false

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 23, 2016

Your properties don't look right to me - they've got capitals and spaces in them.

The simplest "block all comments in this status" option is jira.permission.comment=denied  (or possibly = false, I've forgotten.  But it's one string, lower case and so-on)

0 votes
Shamith Shankar September 22, 2016

Its a tricky one and that workproperties is not applicable for comment Field i guess. 
try this
jira.issue.editable 
Its for making non-editable , but have not checked for comment.

If that doesnt work , then u may have to edit,

CommentSystemField java class.

Suggest an answer