It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

How can I set the sprint for an issue with Automation for JIRA?

andreas Community Leader Apr 09, 2017

I'd like to be able to set the sprint for an issue automatically.

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted

You can simply do this with the 'Edit issue' action.  All you need to do is to add the Sprint field and then select from the available options!

sprint-support.png

@andreas we worked with weekly sprints.

Any thoughts to do this automation based on the "active sprint"?

Also other projects works withs sprints too, so I'm not sure if +1 will work given Jira might add sequentially sprint ID for any project.

Thanks

andreas Community Leader Oct 13, 2017

Hey @Sebastián Delmastro,

This has actually gotten much easier in recent versions. I edited my original answer above. You can now just add the Sprint field to the simple form and pick from the options there!

Cheers,
  Andreas

Thanks @andreas didn't realize you added this feature. Nice work!

Hi @andreas,  which Jira version has this feature? the one I have is v7.11.2  and it doesn't have the auto-suggestion filed. Thanks.

I have tried, but not possible to add to current sprint. Next sprint is no problem. But I would like to add the issue to current sprint when commenting on an issue.

@Ulrika Eriksson maybe you want to check permissions for active sprints. I have this rule that works with no problem on my Jira config (cloud) with the WebApp project.

Captura de Pantalla 2019-09-13 a la(s) 15.09.50.png

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted in Jira

Demo Den Ep. 7: New Jira Cloud Reports

Learn how to use two new reports for next-gen projects in Jira Cloud:  Cumulative flow diagram and Sprint burndown chart. Ivan Teong, Product Manager, Jira Software, demos the Cumulative ...

375 views 1 3
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you