You're on your way to the next level! Join the Kudos program to earn points and save your progress.
Level 1: Seed
25 / 150 points
1 badge earned
Challenges come and go, but your rewards stay with you. Do more to earn more!
What goes around comes around! Share the love by gifting kudos to your peers.
Join now to unlock these features and more
I'd like to set an automation that:
The image below contains one of the alternatives that I tried: change the epic link. But it simply won't work.
I also tried to clone the issue, but the clone option only allows me to change the project, not the epic itself.
I even tried to remove the "if" condition, but it doesn't work whatsoever.
Hello @Douglas Oliveira Costa
Welcome to the Atlassian community.
Are these issues in a Company Managed project or a Team Managed project? That information will show at the bottom of the panel on the left when you are viewing the project board.
When a rule does not work the way you expected, you need to review the Audit Log details for the execution of that rule to get more information. And sharing that information with us will help us help you.
One problem that I can see immediately is the second step in your rule where you have a Condition to check Epic Name. That would be trying to check the "Epic Name" field in the issue that triggered the rule (the child issue). That would not be trying to check the "Epic Name" for the Epic to which the trigger issue currently belongs.
Additionally the Epic Name field is valid only for Company Managed project, and is also being deprecated. By now your Jira Cloud environment should be using the Epic's Summary field everywhere that it previously used Epic Name.
If you want to check the name/summary of the Epic that is the parent of the trigger issue you need to use an Advanced Compare Condition like this: