How can I set a condition on the initial transition in a Jira-workflow?

Anette Bengtsson March 26, 2012

Hi!

I need to find a way to prevent people in a specific project role from creating issues, but allow them to do other transitions in the workflow.

The project role does not have permission to create issues. I tried to use the validator in the transition between Create and Open, and set "Only users with Create Issues permission can execute this transition." But IT DOES NOT WORK!

Therefore I d like to try and set a Condition for the transition - but it is not possible...

I m very grateful for any ideas - THANK YOU!

Anette Bengtsson

Swedish Board of Agriculture

13 answers

0 votes

Thank you for the help! It worked when I removed the Current Assignee from permission to create issues! YES!!!

0 votes

I removed Current Assignee from the Create permission in the permission scheme - and person "AB" in project role "B" still can create issues in my test-project...

0 votes
Cyril Egan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 26, 2012

I think your problem is because you have the "Current Assignee" set to be able to create. If you remove that setting in the permission scheme and test then I expect that the user in Project Role "B" won't be able to create.

0 votes

From the create permission in the permission scheme:

• Project Role (Projektadministratör) (Ta bort)
  • Project Role (Ärendeansvarig) (Ta bort)
  • Project Role (Kravanalytiker) (Ta bort)
  • Project Role (Designer) (Ta bort)
  • Project Role (Utvecklare) (Ta bort)
  • Current Assignee (Ta bort)

From the project administration:

Person "AB"

• is in project role "Titta" for the test-project
  • is in group Jira-users
  • is not set as Current Assignee in the created issue.

The group Jira-users has no permissions in the test-project.

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 26, 2012

Ahh, I see. No, B shouldn't be able to create issues. They must be getting it via a group, as Cyril suggests, or something else in the creation permission.

Could you list everything in the "create" line in the permission scheme?

0 votes
Cyril Egan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 26, 2012

Are there any 'Groups' configured in Project Role "A" on the project?

0 votes

Oh, sorry... I mean like this: Only the project role "A" has Create Permission in the Permission Scheme. In the workflow "Only users with Create Issues permission can execute this transition" is set in the transition between Create and Open.

And the problem is that people in project role "B" can create issues.

I am surely missing something but what?

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 26, 2012

So no-one can create issues. You need to add the role in there.

0 votes

No, Anonymous don t have Create permission.

0 votes
Cyril Egan
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 26, 2012

Does the group 'Anonymous' have the create permission?

0 votes

Thanks for your answers! But...

• The project role does not have permission Create Issues in the Permission scheme
  • The users are not members in any groups or roles that can create issues

and it still does not work!

Any ideas?

0 votes
Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 26, 2012

If in your permission scheme does not allow the Create Issues permission to this project role it should work fine. Are these users getting permissions from other group membership due to which they are able to create issues?

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 26, 2012

You should use the permission scheme to control roles access to "create" in the project.

JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 26, 2012

You should, but it would be very nice if you could put conditions on the create step, as you can have much greater control with conditions than you get in the permission scheme.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 26, 2012

Yup, I'd like that too ;-)

Suggest an answer