How can I select field config and check if Priority is listed there?

Seema August 11, 2015

Hi,

I have a scripted field which checks history of the ticket and tells me if that ticket ever had a Critical set as a priority. This scripted field is set global to all the projects. Some of my projects does not use Priority field so, logs are telling me that scripted field fails because it could not find the Priority field for those projects. I would like to use fieldconfig scheme to check if the field is listed there or not and if not then exit out from script. Can you please tell me on how to use logic to check the field config scheme or any other options.

Error from log - 

2015-08-11 13:56:50,341 http-bio-8443-exec-780 ERROR rs044s 836x128500x1 1ctd4ni /secure/CommentAssignIssue.jspa [onresolve.scriptrunner.customfield.GroovyCustomField] Script field failed on issue: ABC-147, field: Scripted - Ever Critical 
java.lang.NullPointerException: Cannot get property 'name' on null object

Thank you so much,

Seema

2 answers

0 votes
Peter Bengov
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 11, 2015

As Alejo mentioned - an original script will help here.

My best guess is that you have an object you apply a '.name' command on, but you don't test before that if that object isn't null. This can be fixed by something like this, usually:

if (object != null)
   def variable = object.name;
Seema August 12, 2015

Thanks for your reply Peter and Alejo. I have added if (issue.getPriority()!=null) condition and checking logs. I actually had done this to dev environment recently so thank you for guiding me to the right direction. Hopefully this will resolved my problem. Thank you again.

0 votes
Alejo Villarrubia [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 11, 2015

could you post the code from the scripted field?

Suggest an answer