How can I see project creation Date?

TT T November 6, 2013

Hi,

It's possible to see the creation date project?

And categorie creation date?

thanks

5 answers

3 votes
Don Masten
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 3, 2018

That information is stored in the Audit_log table.

SELECT * FROM jira.audit_log
WHERE SUMMARY = 'Project created'
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 3, 2018

Only if auditing was enabled at the time of project creation.

3 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 6, 2013

Neither of those activities are date stamped in Jira, so you can't really do it.

The closest I've got to working out a project creation date is to narrow it down to "when was issue-1 created", which might not be that helpful if you work in a place that creates projects well before they actually get used.

aleksey_korolev August 21, 2015

I came to the same idea while trying to select projects created during the past year. 1st try I made was to export all Jira issues created during last year to excel and the deduplicate column with project name bit it appeared that jira doesn't export more than 1000 issues thus cutting part of the projects from the results. The other approach which worked was to make following SQL query to Jira's MySQL DB: select p.id, p.pkey, p.pname, DATEDIFF(now(), ji.created) from project p, jiraissue ji where p.id = ji.project and ji.issuenum = 1 and DATEDIFF(now(), ji.created) <= 365 order by p.id;

1 vote
Rahul Aich [Nagra]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 6, 2013

Unfortunately not, there is no way you can retrieve project creation date.

This question has been discussed earlier on answers . heres the link

https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/113426/project-creation-date

https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/137375/project-and-space-creation-date

Same with project category, i am not aware of any way to find the creation date of it. I dont think jira stores it either.

rahul

0 votes
Ivan Kovnatsky January 13, 2014

Hi Guys,

We have pretty custom solution for this. Table _PROJECT_ has one row per
project, so we came up with an idea of creating another column _CREATED_, which
is filled by sysdate on project creation -- inserting a new row data concerning
new project (in Oracle). Not sure how this can be handled in other db, but
maybe a way could be found. Cheers.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 13, 2014

Neat trick, but it only adds to the database, Jira is unaware of the data. Unless you've coded something to expose it?

0 votes
TT T November 6, 2013

Sorry for repost!
And thanks for fast answers!

Suggest an answer