How can I search for issues but not only find that specific but all related subtask too?

Moritz_Hauschild January 5, 2021

Hi,
I am searching with the following statement:

project = "XYZ" AND issuetype in ("Request for Change", Change) AND originalEstimate is not EMPTY AND originalEstimate != 0 AND workratio > 100 AND status not in ("Approval Denied", Approved, Canceled, Closed) 

But I want not only that specific issues as result but also the related sub-tasks.

Is there a way with the advanced search?

Best Regards
Moritz

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Muhammad Ramzan(Atlassian Certified Master)
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 6, 2021

Welcome to Atlassian Community, I analyzed your query , its correct and getting the right results.

Because you are using filter of issue type that's why you can't get sub tasks, If you want all sub tasks fulfilling the same criteria then only add the sub task issue type there 

If you want to get related sub tasks to above query then unfortunately , you need to use some third party plugin like Script Runner or JQL search extensions.

Here is the example and reference of  JQL Search Extensions for Jira & reports

First query is same as yours and will get your required parent issues , second one will get all relevant sub tasks to your query.

project = "XYZ" AND issuetype in ("Request for Change", Change) AND originalEstimate is not EMPTY AND originalEstimate != 0 AND workratio > 100 AND status not in ("Approval Denied", Approved, Canceled, Closed) 

OR

issue in subtaskOf(
project = "XYZ" AND issuetype in ("Request for Change", Change) AND originalEstimate is not EMPTY AND originalEstimate != 0 AND workratio > 100 AND status not in ("Approval Denied", Approved, Canceled, Closed) )

Moritz_Hauschild January 6, 2021

Thank you!

Suggest an answer