How can I search for Jira that have comments with limited view to an internal group?

Alan Edwards May 3, 2023

Is there a way to search through a Jira project for a list of Jira that have comments with limited visibility to a custom internal group?

For instance if there was a "jira-developers" custom internal group that was a list of a users on a project that internal comments could be only visible to the that internal group and not anyone else.

Like a search in the form of...

Project = "ProjectName"
AND comment_list NOT EMPTY /* has comments */
WHERE comment_visibility IN ("jira-developers")  /* comment visibility has the internal group */

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Ken McClean
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 3, 2023

This sounds like it would be beyond the scope of JQL, and would probably require a ScriptRunner script. Someone else out there may have an idea of how to accomplish it with JQL, but I'd be surprised.

Alan Edwards May 5, 2023

From what I've seen of JQL, I didn't think there was a way to do cross table joins. Thanks for your response.

Suggest an answer