How can I run a query which will find the stories which have updated story points for a given day

Maria Tripodi December 13, 2022

I want to pull a report which would tell me which stories have updated story points for a given day/timeframe, Can I do this?

3 answers

1 vote
Mark Segall
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 13, 2022

Hi @Maria Tripodi and welcome to the community!

Unfortunately, this is not something you will get by way of JQL.  Jira only offers a few fields that can be queried for history changes.  However, if you're looking for issues that have changed story point value in sprint, you could use the native sprint report.

Otherwise, your best bet would be to leverage a custom date field and automation that would look something like this:

• TRIGGER: Field Value Changed (Story Points)
  • ACTION: Edit Issue (Your custom date field)
    • {{now}}

Then you'd be able to execute JQL like this:

YOURCUSTOMFIELD >= -3d
Maria Tripodi December 13, 2022

OK - thanks. I am not sure if that will be helpful for what I am trying to achieve.

Marta Woźniak-Semeniuk
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 13, 2022

What do you want to achieve? Knowing the goal we might be able to help you figure something out :)

0 votes
Yuliia_Borivets__SaaSJet_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
December 13, 2022

Hi @Maria Tripodi 

What hosting type do you use?

You can check story points updates with the Sprint report or Sprint Burndown chart.

If you are on Cloud, you can try Issue History for Jira add-on. My team has developed it as a journal for all past changes.

Here you can filter issues by date or date range and check if story points were updated.

Story points changes jira.png

0 votes
Dan -minware-
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 13, 2022

Disclaimer: marketplace partner!

Hey @Maria Tripodi -

If you are open to a 3rd party we support this in minware. Below is a screenshot from our Value Stream Report - this instance is grouped by ticket and I've set the date range to show activity from 11/27-11/30 but you can adjust the dates as you see fit. You can group this information differently if you'd like (Author, Epic, Sprint, Repository) and also apply the filters that you see in the upper right:

minware value stream by ticket.png

Each ticket can be expanded to show the work that went into it - all the way down to the individual commits:

minware value stream by ticket 2.png

We offer a free trial if you want to check it out!

Dan -minware-
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 2, 2023

Hey @Maria Tripodi hope your 2023 is off to a great start! Were you able to solve for this? 

Suggest an answer