How can I restrict a user, so he can see issues from one component only

Deleted user July 20, 2015

I need to restrict a user (or users-group), to allow to see and edit only issues from some project sub-set. The best way I can see - to create new component and to filter out by this component.

Any ideas? 

Thanks!!

2 answers

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 20, 2015

Permissions are by project, not by component. You will have to make it a separate project or use issue security schemes. The latter will require you to set the appropriate security level when the issue is created or edited.

Thanks! And can I configure,for example, one Epic,and restrict one user to see only this epic and all it's children? The main question in that case - do I need to apply in some way the "security level" for each one of child issues for the Epic, or it should allow an access for selected user via hierarchic tree. That may be good enough. Thanks again

Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 20, 2015

Unfortunately, yes. The security level needs to be applied on the child issues as well. Applying it on the Epic is not enough.

thanks... :(

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 20, 2015

It will work for sub-tasks on standard issues though - they take the security level of their parent.

Rising Star
Rising Star
July 20, 2015

Yes, that's right. Thanks Nic.

2 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 20, 2015

That won't work.  Issue visibility is done at a project level on the most part, so a user must be able to see the project that their issue is in.

Then you can restrict the issues further by setting a security level.  But they're user based, nothing to do with components.  And you'll need to set the level on all issues you want to hide.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events