How can I restrict a list of issues that is returned for issue-picker?

Michael I. March 26, 2013

Hello.

I'm developing a custom dialog and I need add an issue picker on it. The list of issues that we can select should contain issues of specified type from a one project. Is there a some way to configure the issue picker to achieve this?

I've found on a default page the following code, is there some attributes that I can use in my case?

<select class="aui-field-issuepicker hidden" multiple="multiple" name="parentIssueKey" id="jira-issue-keys-hidden"
	data-popup-width="620"
	data-popup-height="500"
	data-remove-on-un-select="true"
	data-ajax-options.query="true"
	data-ajax-options.url="/rest/api/1.0/issues/picker" 
	data-ajax-options.data.current-issue-key="$!{action.issueObject.key}"
	data-ajax-options.data.show-sub-tasks="false"
	data-ajax-options.data.show-sub-task-parent="true"
	data-ajax-options.data.app-id="">
</select>

4 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Timothy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 31, 2013

Try:

data-ajax-options.url="/rest/api/1.0/issues/picker?query=some_jql_query"

Michael I. March 31, 2013

I've tried this, but with no success. I think, this is because JIRA search issues using History Search instead of JQL Search.

1 vote
Paul S November 23, 2016

Try:

data-ajax-options.data.current-project-id="PROJ"
data-ajax-options.data.current-jql="resolution = Unresolved"

0 votes
Denis Yaparov April 6, 2014

Actually, REST Browser https://jira.atlassian.com/plugins/servlet/restbrowser#/resource/internal-1-0-issues-pickercould help - actual parameter name is currentJQL (HTML attribute is data-ajax-options.data.current_jql - from linkjiraissue.vm).

The problem is Issue Picker's REST returns two sections - "History Issues", and only after it - "Current Search". If "HI" has more than 8 issues, than "CS" section will be lower, than user's viewport. I didn't find how to disable history search.

"query" param is used to send current user's input, like part of issue key or summary.

0 votes
Patrick Metzdorf November 19, 2013

I'm having the same problem.

I have created a custom project which holds my vendor contacts (custom issue type I created for contact information).

Now I have added a custom field with the Issue Picker plugin, and would like to restrict the available issues there to my vendor contacts project only.

Has anyone found a solution for this?

Oleg S.
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
November 19, 2013

After the research, I found out that it is not possible to use JQL at the corresponding ajax-parameter, because JIRA ignores it. Maybe I'm wrong, but I didn't found any way to reuse JIRA REST endpoins, so I implemented my own one.

Suggest an answer