How can I resize an image when editing a JIRA ticket description?

SimonE May 20, 2020

I created a JIRA ticket and included images in the description.  After saving the new ticket I found the images to be tiny and unreadable (200 px wide instead of the original image's 625 px wide). 

Now I want to edit the description and increase the width of the images.  How can I do that in the new editor?  We're using JIRA in the cloud.

As far as I can see the only option available for editing an image in the description is to delete it.  There doesn't seem to be any way of dragging it wider or specifying a width.  Are all images doomed to be stuck at 200 px wide in a JIRA ticket description?

It seems like the images are basically thumbnails, and clicking on them will open them up in full size.  However, I just want to be able to display them full size from the get-go, like I used to be able to with the old editor (or to specify a size, even if it is just by dragging the images wider).

1 answer

1 vote
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 25, 2020

Hello SimonE,

Thank you for reaching out to Atlassian Community!

When using the new issue view, currently it's not possible to manage the image properties. It was possible on the old view where the editor was Wiki Markup and now, the new Markdown editor doesn’t have this option. 

There is a feature request suggesting the implementation of this ability:

Please, click on vote and watch to receive updates about the feature.

Regards,
Angélica

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events