How can I report issue spam?

srl295 May 22, 2019

Example: https://unicode-org.atlassian.net/browse/ICU-20609

I'm an admin of that instance. Is there a way to report this as spam and the Atlassian account as a spammer?

3 answers

0 votes
Mansi Lai
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
April 2, 2024

noreply+d4678f1e1edd3411c011064f3517d79947dd2ea80921922e24b763d4@am.atlassian.com

I assume this is spam as we are not required to delete a user's account. 

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 14, 2019

If an Atlassian account is being abusive, then yes, you can remove it from your instance as @Earl McCutcheon says, but there's no formal way to complain about the account to Atlassian. 

However, as the account can also be used here on the community, the rules here apply and we can get the abuse raised with Atlassian.  If you join the community chat on atlassiancommunity.slack.com you'll find some channels where people flag spam accounts (mostly for Community, but Atlassian look at the whole account, not just the community side), or if you could tell us which account it is, I can send it on for you.

Juan Jose Ruiz December 24, 2021

Hi,

Would you mind reporting this email account jira@balimaakyahabibi.atlassian.net which is used to spread phishing, scam and malware, please?

Evidence:

1.png

Thank you!

Like shuuji3 likes this
0 votes
Earl McCutcheon
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 24, 2019

Hello Steven,

Jira does not have any SPAM handling / filtering capabilities for the native email integration.  The system will grab everything from your email server set up as the mail handler.  Spam filtering is something that you would need to address at the email server.

If there is a specific user causing issues you can block that user locally by removing their license, and if your using Service desk and have public sign up enabled you can enable captcha as described here to prevent users from automatically signing up.

Regards,
Earl

srl295 May 24, 2019

Hi Earl:

- this is unrelated to Service Desk.

- this is unrelated to email spam: these are spam issues and comments.

- Since the user has an Atlassian account, isn't it possible to report the entire user as abusive?

srl295 June 12, 2019

@Earl McCutcheon any update on this?

Suggest an answer