How can I rename the Tempo "Log Work" button

Susan Hauth Community Champion Jul 13, 2015

We have to keep native Log Work option open, but in the meantime my users asked if we could rename the Tempo Log Work to maybe "Tempo Log Work" so they can choose which log work screen they want to use.

2 answers

Log work button is JIRA button. Tempo reuses something in JIRA log work, so calling it as "Log work" makes sense.

Susan Hauth Community Champion Jul 13, 2015

We are trying to differentiate between the "tempo log work" and the Jira "log work". As they give different features.

I thought that the Tempo Log Work does everything that Log Work does, plus the Tempo features?

Hi Matt it does, but our users ONLY want to go to the Tempo Log work one and when they both say "log work" they don't know which is which. However I can't disable the JIRA log work one because we use it heavily in workflow transition screens. I'm just looking for a way to hack into the display of the button.

Hi Susan, 

this is not possible in the current version of Tempo Timesheets and I am not sure if it is possible in JIRA.

It might be helpful to use the "w" keyboard shortcut if users need to log work in Tempo instead of the "Log work" link in the "More" dropdown.

Regards,

Susanne

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Sarah Schuster
Posted Jan 29, 2018 in Jira

What are common themes you've seen across successful & failed Jira Software implementations?

Hey everyone! My name is Sarah Schuster, and I'm a Customer Success Manager in Atlassian specializing in Jira Software Cloud. Over the next few weeks I will be posting discussion topics (8 total) to ...

3,338 views 14 20
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot