How can I remove the link preview from a slack channel which do not have jira cloud app added

Sunil K Jonwal May 30, 2023

Hi There,

I need help, actually today I have added jira cloud app to our Slack workspace and doing some testing for the ticket updates and all.

I have created a separate new channel for all the testing however whenever I paste a JIRA Ticket link in any of the public channel, its shows a preview of that ticket. I don't want that for all the public channel instead I only want that for a particular channel.

How can I achieve that?

Thanks

1 answer

0 votes
Daniel Eads
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 30, 2023

Hi @Sunil K Jonwal , welcome to the Community!

Unfurls can be managed with the /jira unfurl command on a channel-by-channel basis. You can also mute them for any URLs or issue keys sent by you.

Just send /jira unfurl in the channel you want to modify the unfurl behavior for and the app will let you know the current settings. It will have a "Turn Off" option to change the default behavior of unfurling all Jira links:

image.png

Cheers,
Daniel

Sunil K Jonwal May 30, 2023

Thanks for info @Daniel Eads 

This looks good but seems I have to do these settings in each and every channel to stop previews which is a time taking process, no?

Also, I have only integrated one project so far with the Jira cloud app however whenever I enter a URL for issue/ticket in any of the channel the previews are available for all other projects as well.

Is there any way if I can restrict those previews and enable just for required projects?

Thanks in advance

Daniel Eads
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 9, 2023

The project integration makes it possible for issue keys (i.e. ABC-123) to trigger an unfurl. A full URL will always trigger an unfurl (it does not matter if the project is not yet integrated), unless you disable unfurls for the user or channel with the /jira unfurl command.

Suggest an answer