• Give kudos
  • Received
  • Given

Leaderboard

• Global

Trophy case

Kudos (beta program)

Kudos logo

You've been invited into the Kudos (beta program) private group. Chat with others in the program, or give feedback to Atlassian.

View group

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

How can I query a ticket status as of end of the sprint?

Hi,

I'm looking to create custom reports (using JQL queries) based on what was committed vs. delivered in a given sprint.  The problem I'm running into is how do I query for status as of the end of sprint (as it is displayed in the "Sprint Report").  As Jira tickets get updated even after the sprint has ended, how do I "freeze" the status of the Jira ticket as of the end of sprint?

Thanks in advance! 

Karthick

We are using Jira Cloud btw.

1 answer

1 vote
Andy Heinzer Atlassian Team Oct 03, 2018

The sprint report is taking a snapshot of the issues and their statuses at that time.  To try to recreate this via JQL is a bit different, because issues can still change status and even been added/removed after the sprint is actually completed.

However since JQL does track historical changes to some system fields like status, you could probably use a JQL query such as

sprint="Example sprint name" AND status was "Example status name" on "2018/07/30 12:15"

But understand that this will only return issues to you in that are currently in that sprint AND that had this specific status at this specific date/time.  In this case, you would need to find the date/time that the sprint was closed and specify this in the JQL in order to see these results

Thanks for getting back to me.  👍 Technically your proposal can work; but we have 40+ scrum teams starting and stopping sprints on a weekly basis on different time/day and its going to be really tricky to pull this on a regular basis.  I will play with this a little bit more and come back to you here if I have any additional questions.

Thanks again!  🙏🏼

Any solution to this Karthick?

Suggest an answer

TAGS

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you