How can I query a JIRA database for valid values for component assigneeType field?

Bruce Kozuma September 10, 2017

I'm using JIRA Server 5.1 and I'm trying to find the valid values for the component field assigneeType in the JIRA database. Any leads as to which table in the JIRA database has those values? I've searched JIRA_512_DBSchema.pdf but can't divine which table has the values.

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 11, 2017

Options is the table, but don't.  Jira's database is not designed to be read outside the API, and reading it with SQL is always the wrong way to do it.

What are you trying to do for your users here?

Bruce Kozuma September 11, 2017

We're exporting project and issue information from our on-premises JIRA server to migrate the projects and issues to our JIRA Cloud instance. We don't have a lot of programmer expertise, but have managed to extract almost all of the information we need to migrate projects via PostgresSQL, with the exception of associationType. The ERD doesn't show the table that the information we need, though we can reverse engineer it via the query output and UI.

All I need is the name of the table hat relates the IDs from the associationtype field to the strings visible in the UI.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 11, 2017

Good grief, that's been a massive waste of your time, there are so many faster, better and clearer ways of doing that.

But, you've gone a long way, so you may as well finish it this way.  You'll need to read customfieldoption and optionconfiguration, along with some of the tables starting with fieldconfig and fieldlayout

Suggest an answer