Next:
badges earned

Your Points Tracker
Challenges
Leaderboard
  • Global
  • Feed

Badge for your thoughts?

You're enrolled in our new beta rewards program. Join our group to get the inside scoop and share your feedback.

Join group
Recognition
Give the gift of kudos
You have 0 kudos available to give
Who do you want to recognize?
Why do you want to recognize them?
Kudos
Great job appreciating your peers!
Check back soon to give more kudos.

Past Kudos Given
No kudos given
You haven't given any kudos yet. Share the love above and you'll see it here.

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

How can I prevent an issue from transitioning if there are open pull requests?

I'd like to configure either a condition or a validator (or something similar) to prevent an issue from moving to a specific status if there are open pull requests associated with that Jira issue. We're usually pretty good at catching this, but on occasion there are multiple pull requests associated to a single Jira issue and on occasion the issue has been moved before all of the pull requests have been merged.

1 answer

1 vote
Moses Thomas Community Leader May 29, 2018

@Nickolas Schaderit's all about permission,  if you set validation/condition even if the are multiple request  one who you  give permission/what you set can perform this transition, as  for move issue you  can also block who can move issue in a project in the permission schemes

best!

Thanks for the suggestion @Moses Thomas but I don't think it solves my issue. I want to prevent a developer from moving an issue when there is an open pull request. If we use permissions to limit who can perform the transition, they can still move it if there are open pull requests.

Moses Thomas Community Leader May 30, 2018

@Nickolas Schader

We have the View development tools permission 

this should do  the trick  see documentation.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirasoftwarecloud/viewing-the-development-information-for-an-issue-777002795.html

best!

Thanks @Moses Thomas, that allows us to view the Development information, but I don't see how to use that to prevent an issue from transitioning.

@Nickolas SchaderLets do  it this way previous suggestion  is not enough try  this

- You  have integrate your  /Bitbucket/Whatever  properly, 

- Add  a condition in this trasition > script condition >Allows the transition if this query matches a JQL query

-enter this JQL query : 

(status = Done OR resolution = done) AND development[pullrequests].all > 0 

this JQL should return  any issues that have  been resolved with a non-merged pull-request associated with the issue,  so  transition  can only  be performed if all  pull request  associated  with  this issue are done.

Hope this will do.

@Moses Thomas I think that would do it, but I don't see an option for 'script condition'. Is that part of the Script Runner add-on?

Moses Thomas Community Leader Jun 07, 2018

@Nickolas SchaderYes , unfortunately.

@Nickolas Schader Did you find any other way?

@Moses Thomas I have been working for the same Jira problem that is in discussion i.e. preventing an issue from transitioning if there are open pull requests.

I have Script Runner available but unable to find the correct way for doing it, can you assist?

@Anveshan Goel  This solution  Would work flow script runner plugin  for server, but script runner plugin  for  cloud  is limited  as there are differences,  I think  is why  @Nickolas Schader  can't  find  this option which i  have  mentioned. I am  afraid we don't have this  feature in  cloud.

Unfortunately I do not have Script Runner and have not been able to come up with a solution for this.

As always with Jira (atlassian). Valid issue and yet no viable solution. But hey, I'm sure Atlassian team is busy with full jira redesign yet again.

Sorry, could not resist... We have exactly the same problem where we need to prevent issues to be closed if an associated Pull Request is still open, and we are using Jira cloud.

Like spiritrc likes this

FYI -- automation works for this. You can have a rule that automatically reverts the state of the ticket if there are open PRs.

Suggest an answer

TAGS

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you