How can I parameterize Queries inside folders in struture

Daniil Pronin June 2, 2021

Hello!
I am interested if there is any opportunity to parameterize queries inside folders in Jira Structure.

E.G I want to make folders of my team members (one folder per team member), in which there will be different subfolders, contatining different queries:

- Ann

-- Bugs, which Ann has created

--- Insert Query (issuetype = Bug and reporter= Ann)

-- Stories, assigned on Ann

--- Insert Query (issuetype = Story and assignee = Ann)

- Bob

-- Bugs, which Bob has created

--- Insert Query (issuetype = Bug and reporter= Bob)

-- Stories, assigned on Bob

--- Insert Query (issuetype = Story and assignee = Bob)

And I want to refer folder name in query so that I don't need to make individual query for every team member.

E.G.

- [Team Member]

-- Bugs, which [Team Member] has created

--- Insert Query (issuetype = Bug and reporter= [Team Member])

-- Stories, assigned on [Team Member]

--- Insert Query (issuetype = Story and assignee = [Team Member])

I've tried GroupBy, but it doesn't work as i want when it comes to different fields (assignee or reporter). 

1 answer

1 accepted

4 votes
Answer accepted
Nicholas Ellis _ALM Works_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
June 2, 2021

Hi Daniil,

I have included instructions below.  Please let me know if you have any questions or run into any issues.

1. Include all relevant issues in the board.  My insert JQL was "type in (story, bug)", yours might be more complex.

2. Create a formula like this:

grouping_formula.png

if(type = "Story"; assignee;
type = "Bug"; reporter)

3. group by this formula, you will have to use "Text Attribute..." and then find the formula column

4. then group by issue type and you should get something like this:
complex_grouping_Structure.png

Also be aware this will result in a grouping of "No Value" for stories without an assignee, or bugs without a reporter if any exist in the board.

Cheers,

Nick

[ALM Works]

Daniil Pronin June 3, 2021

@Nicholas Ellis _ALM Works_ , thank you, that seems to be what I need. but I have a problem with grouping.

I want issues to be grouped by only within my team members.

So I made a formula:

if ("type in ('Консультация', 'Согласование (подзадача)') and reporter in membersOf('IntegrationTeamAn')"; reporter;
"type = 'Консультация' and assignee in membersOf('IntegrationTeamAn')"; assignee;
"type = 'Разработка ТЗ' and assignee in membersOf('IntegrationTeamAn')";assignee)

And now I have such result:

Group formula.png

What may be wrong in my formula?

Daniil Pronin June 3, 2021

I've found out how to fix this problem. If-statement doesn't work with jql operators, so all JQL syntax should be put into Query and the condition should look like query match (https://wiki.almworks.com/display/structure/Query+Match+as+Variables)

E.G. Му formula now looks like this:

if (queryresult; assignee; queryresult2;reporter)

queryresult is Query Match assignee in membersOf('IntegrationTeamAn')

queryresult2 is Query Match reporter in membersOf('IntegrationTeamAn')

Like Dave Rosenlund likes this

Suggest an answer