How can I move a project with its issues/configs from one instance to another? (same version)

Leandro Nunes May 27, 2011

Is there another way rather than project import option?

4 answers

2 votes
DavidV May 29, 2011

Hi Leandro,

I think this is just another way of asking if a JIRA project can be cloned - which has been asked here:

https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/192/how-can-i-clone-a-project-in-jira

Theres no simple way to copy the configuration that I know of, but the CustomWare JIRA Utilities plugin, does have a Project Copy function, does copies some of the configurations.

1 vote
Jo-Anne MacLeod
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 29, 2011

Anothe way that you can do this is to run a query, and then export all fields to a csv file, and import that csv file to the new instance. The downside of this is that you would lose your history. But at least the issues would be moved.

0 votes
Ansar Rezaei
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 9, 2020

Hi

You could fully export and reimport it using this fantastic plugin:
https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1211147/project-configurator-for-jira?hosting=server&tab=overview

0 votes
Sameera Shaakunthala [inactive]
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 27, 2011

Export your JIRA data from the old instance into an XML file using the XML backup facility.

(Administration --> Backup Data to XML)

Using the same option, export the existing JIRA data from the new instance. If you do any mistake you may use this backup.

Import your project to the new instance, using the Project Import facility.

(Administration --> Project Import)

Suggest an answer