How can I modify Jira Invitation message? Edited

Hi Team,

I would like to modify Jira Invite mail. How can I do that?

I need to inform the user to add their email as their username instead of other variation of names.

Jira Invite Message

Can you help me?

Thanks,

Imdad KP

2 answers

2 accepted

Accepted Answer
0 votes

Hello Imdad,

"Invite Users" is handled by a plugin, and therefore can't be customized the way "Create Users" can. Please take a look and try to edit the correct property in the following file (and then restarting JIRA):

<JIRA install>\atlassian-jira\WEB-INF\classes\com\atlassian\jira\web\action\JiraWebActionSupport.properties

After editing this file, you will need to restart Jira for the changes to take effect.

Accepted Answer
0 votes

Hi Imdad,

I'm afraid it's not possible at this time.

However, there is a suggestion ticket opened for this functionality: Customize Customer invitation e-mail and welcome email.

I encourage you to vote on the feature request ticket to increase its popularity and add yourself as a watcher to be kept informed of progress going forward.
For more details on how Atlassian handles and prioritizes new feature requests, please refer to the [Implementation of New Features Policy|https://confluence.atlassian.com/support/implementation-of-new-features-policy-201294576.html].

Cheers,

Marko Filipan

Thanks @Marko Filipan,

We are using data Center Jira on aws. Also we are looking for Jira software not for service desk.

Thanks,

Imdad KP

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Sep 25, 2018 in Jira

Atlassian Research Workshop opportunity on Sep. 28th in Austin, TX

We're looking for participants for a workshop at Atlassian! We need Jira admins who have interesting custom workflows, issue views, or boards. Think you have a story to sha...

468 views 7 5
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you