How can I make a simple custom field with the month only in MM format?

Jeffrey Melies January 31, 2013

I know this should be a simple task but I can't seem to figure out how to create a custom field that displays the month only in MM format when a ticket gets closed, we are trying to set this up for Barchart reporting. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 1, 2013

I would simply install the script runner plugin, add a scripted field and add this code.

import java.text.SimpleDateFormat;
return new SimpleDateFormat("MM").format(new Date(issue.getResolutionDate().getTime()))

0 votes
Radu Dumitriu
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 31, 2013

1/ Create a read-only CF.

2/ Fill it using some scripting on a listener (or craete your own listener), postfunction or whatever (depends on your wf, screens, etc)

Edit: http://confluence.kepler-rominfo.com/display/KCF/SIL+Script+Custom+Field check if this calculated CF may help you.

0 votes
dleng
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 31, 2013

How about a select list custom field with all the months as the list of selections? They come with JIRA, so you dont have to write your own.

Jeffrey Melies January 31, 2013

I'm trying to make it so it's automatic, ultimately it would be great to get the MM value from the system field "End dat / time" but it really doesn't matter where it comes from, I just need it to be automatic. Thanks for the suggestion though

Suggest an answer