How can I limit the maximum amount of issues in a given state per user

Grzegorz Ostrowski April 6, 2018

I want to allow a user to have only one issue in given state. For example: I want to allow uset to have only one issue in "In progresss" state. Column limitations do not give mi this functionality. Swim lanes don't have this option. Is there any option to do this?

1 answer

0 votes
Joe Pitt
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 6, 2018

You can't do it out of the box. 

Grzegorz Ostrowski April 8, 2018

Ok, there is no option in JIRA menu to do this. Is there any other way I can achieve it?

Joe Pitt
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 9, 2018

I suggest you look in the marketplace for a plugin. Keep in mind, if you implement this with a non-supported plugin if it isn't updated to keep up with JIRA releases your management may be reluctant to upgrade. I don't install any plugin that isn't supported because of that. Even then, whoever is supporting it may stop and you'll need to deal with that possibility. Otherwise, you'll have to modify source code, keeping in mind that any time you want to upgrade you'll have to update the code again and there is NO guarantee the part you need to modify will be in the same module as the last time. I consider this a bad idea. 

Suggest an answer