How can I limit the access to Zephyr?

Moran Hazan March 4, 2019

Hello, 

I'm using the cloud version and I want to manage the access to the Zephyr, since we are paying per user and only 10% of the users, use this app. Is it possible?

Thanks in advance!

1 answer

0 votes
Claudiu Lionte
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 4, 2019

Hi Moran,

At this moment, the pricing for Jira (both Cloud and Server) cannot differentiate between users that actually use the add-on and users that do not need access to it.

This is why when you install an add-on it is priced for the total number of users that have access to your Jira (except for Service Desk portal-only customers). However, before installing you see the price for your particular Jira site. Also, you can always see the license count for each product (and add-ons) by navigating to the site administration area -> billing -> manage subscriptions.

Claudiu

Franco Martin Ferreira June 14, 2019

Hi @Moran Hazan , we have Jira server on the company, but we need to use Zephyr just on one team with less than 10 users. Do we have to pay for those 10 users or for all users that use Jira (rest of users are not part of the team that needs Zephyr). 

Thanks

Herve Antoine June 24, 2020

I don't think this needs is uncommon. In fact the contrary and my company have the same. We have >100 users for JIRA SW but only 10 needs Zephyr and we really do NOT want to pay for 90% of users not using it. This question was raised a year ago. Has Zephyr/JIRA made any change since then? 

Michael Yavorovsky November 10, 2020

exactly the same is for us, we want to use zephyr on a project with 3 people working on it and don't want to pay the additional licenses for the rest 20 users. Any update on this?

Like kcamargo likes this
Sampurna Dash March 23, 2022

Any suggestion , how to do it .

Ishan Purohit June 28, 2022

Any update on this?
Also if there is no update, are there any alternatives that we can use ?

Like # people like this
Craig Brown July 24, 2023

How many companies are in the same situation - having to buy a licence for 90% of users who do not need it.  It must be worth the lost sales as it is compensated by those forced to pay for unnecessary licences.

Like bpearson likes this
bpearson July 24, 2023

Same situation. 50+ users in Jira, only 6 need access to Zephyr, but we have to pay a license for everyone. Doesn't make sense. 

Sunil Pandey September 22, 2023

I also same situation. Is there any way to opt Zephyr for limited number of users.

Ishan Purohit September 22, 2023

It's been 4 years. The situation won't change.

Like Maryna.Shulga likes this
sai-leung_lee April 12, 2024

Suggest an answer