How can I keep track of epics added to a release or removed from it?

Gold, Yoram October 2, 2022

Hi,

In a very dynamic environment, many stakeholders affect the content of a release. Epics are added to a scheduled release, and others are removed, as priorities change and constraints are discovered. I would like to review the contents of a release periodically, and see which content was added or removed, to make sure our priorities are correctly aligned. Is there an elegant way to accomplish that?

Thanks!

1 answer

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Walter Buggenhout
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 2, 2022

Hi @Gold, Yoram and welcome to the Community!

There is no automatic reporting available in Jira to uncover when epics (or other issues) were added to or removed from a release. The goal of the release concept (technically) is to make sure you can group the items you are working on towards this future goal/MVP, facilitate the process of releasing in a controlled manner and documenting what you actually did include in a released version.

Epics are at a higher level of a common roadmap. It is normally the story/task level issues that you would actually be adding to a release. So if priorities change at the epic level, I would assume this is a more strategic decision. And so I would expect at least some form of process to be in place around that.

While Jira is a super tool to plan and track work related to execution, it is not your best friend when it comes to documenting decisions. So I would rather recommend to use a documentation tool (like Confluence) to document the history of such roadmap decisions. It will make it much easier to find afterwards.

Hope this helps!

Gold, Yoram October 2, 2022

Thanks for your answer!

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events