The reports, when exporting to Excel keep the Days / Weeks. Which make it difficult to do some analysis and costing based on any of the time fields in Jira. I would like to standardize on the hours format.
In the Admin console, go to System -> Issue Features, and then select "Time Tracking" on the left. The full documentation can be found here: http://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Configuring+Time+Tracking
This does not work. The time is still displayed in a variety of formats.
Examples of time display with this setting set:
This is terribly inconsistent. Who would want a different format type on every line of a report? Does Atlassian intentionally make this stuff useless so that we're forced to purchase time tracking plugins?
That bug link seems to be for a different time tracking issue, one regarding the desire to just hit "enter" without needing to input an "h" for hour (etc.).
Is there a bug for the issue of time coming through as hours in some places, and as h/d/m in other places, when "Hours" is selected as the default display format that anyone knows of?
Does anyone have a solution from the Excel side. I have a Confluence Pivot of JIRA data which is fixed in the y,w,d,m format that was shared here. I copy and paste this data to Excel and am looking for an excel formula that would convert 1y, 2w, 1d, 10m to the correct # of work days.
You don't need to change the Working Hours per day or Working days per week. Just change the Time display format. At least that worked for me...but the only place I'm interested in seeing hours only is on the Active Sprint board, so now I see all Remaining Estimates on the cards as hours only...which is exactly what I was hoping to see.
These problems are killing my life.
After lots of digging, the following tickets are all related to this issue. Everyone please vote for them so they'll be fixed asap!
I'm having a nightmare trying to set estimates to display as hours.
I repeatedly have done this:
Administration > Issue Features > Time Tracking > Time Format - Set this to Hours then all will be displayed as hours only
It seemed to work... briefly, and I could see estimates in hours. Only, the next time I checked it was back to displaying in days, hours, etc. Then when I went back into the settings, the settings had "changed" themselves back to display in "pretty...", i changed again and went to a project to look at the times and they were still in weeks. The settings seem to change themselves back. Or even if they don't, the times are still displaying in weeks.
Can anyone help?
I can't help, but we are having the same issue! We're on the cloud version. It looks like it does change estimates to hours on certain things (the Burndown Chart being one of them), but on actual issues it's still displaying in the "pretty" format.
I hope someone is working on a fix for this!
There is surely a bug in the settings display section. Before you click on the 'Edit Global Settings' button at (...Issue Features > Time Tracking), it displays the 'hours' settings as to how I changed it before.
But when I click to edit it, it displays the default settings (which is "pretty") as the settings there. Which ideally should be the settings which I have set up, but not the default settings.
Other than that, the above setting change seems to be working now.
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find an event
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.Host an event
You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events