How can I include sub-tasks when filtering for okrparentid

Marleen September 8, 2022

We use an add on called OBoard (OKR Board for Jira - OKR management plugin for Jira (Objectives and Key results) (oboard.io)) and for our boards we filter the swimlanes according to different KRs. So the filter is

okrparentid ~ "XX-KR-123" (contains all the IDs of Objective or Key Results linked to a Jira issue.)

But the sub-tasks are not being filtered as they don't have a direct link to the Key Result. Is there any possibility to filter for them as well? We also have the possibility to use aggrregates JQL Search but I just don't know how to write the JQL. 

1 answer

3 votes
Margo Sakova - OKR Board for Jira by Oboard
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
November 21, 2023

Hi @Marleen Willing !

The answer depends on how many epics the Key Result has.

1. If you're dealing with a complicated hierarchy involving multiple levels, relying solely on swimlanes in the Jira board might not provide the complete picture. I'd recommend utilizing the OKR Roadmap within the Oboard plugin. It gives you a visual representation of your progress, showing where you're on track and where adjustments might be needed. This way, you can easily grasp the impact of each issue on the end goal, along with its status and progress against the planned timeline.

2. In case you're working with a single epic containing numerous user stories or tasks, consider simplifying the hierarchy. Attaching your tasks directly to the Key Result allows the "okrparentid filter" to display all the tasks directly on the Jira board.

Let me know if you need any further assistance!

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events