How can I (in effect) have a separate project lead for an issue type?

Juliette_Vincent April 28, 2016

I am using JIRA version 3.13.4. I know it's really old.

I have a project with a project lead, but I would like one of the project's issue types to have a different project lead. Is there a straightforward way of doing this?

Does it need to be done by creating a separate workflow for that issue type?

Thanks!

(By the way... this site may not allow me to respond to questions/answers due to my activity level.) 

2 answers

0 votes
Jeremy Gaudet
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 28, 2016

If you want a different project lead functionally... by which I mean, assign issues of that type to a different person than the project's default lead, then I'd imagine you could do so in a post-function on the "Create Issue" transition, using some fairly straightforward scripting in Script Runner.

However, if you want a project lead in a way such that "lead" is a formal designation visible in the project then, no, you can not.

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 28, 2016

I'm afraid not.  (For what it's worth, it's the same in JIRA 7)
The project lead is the project lead.  There's no concept of "issue type lead".

You could have a look at "component lead" though, that might enable you to do something.  Otherwise, yes, a separate workflow might also do something, but it would be by setting fields on issues, not really a "lead"

Suggest an answer