How can I import projects in JIRA through csv, similar to the way of importing issues?

Pranita Warik December 27, 2020

I have created a Project Template named "Vendors". User can create a new project using this template. There are various issue types under it to capture all the details of the Vendor.

While the user can create a project through the template, currently there are around 2000 such Vendor data in excel which needs to be imported in JIRA. Hence, I need a way in which I can import the project creation data as below. Once the project is created in the system, I know the way to import the issues. Need help of creating projects in bulk.

Project Name

Project Key (this will be a code from ERP system, hence will be unique)

Project Description

Project OwnerCaptureProjectTemplate.JPG

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Muhammad Ramzan(Atlassian Certified Master)
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 27, 2020

You can use Jira Rest API and can create projects in bulk .

https://docs.atlassian.com/software/jira/docs/api/REST/8.5.1/#api/2/project-createProject

If you want to create using some defined project template, then here is the hidden rest call which will help you to accomplish your task.

path: /rest/project-templates/1.0/createshared/<sharedprojectId>

JSON

{"key":"PROJ1","name":"Shared Project1","lead":"user1",description:"new project"}

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
SERVER
VERSION
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events