How can I hide fields from users?

Hello,

Whilst configuring JIRA OnDemand and coming across many limitations and having to put in some less than desirable workarounds, it now also looks like I cannot hide fields from users. Is this correct?

Thanks,

Christian

3 answers

This widget could not be displayed.

You can give a different level of access using permission schemes to project roles and users and you can use different field configurations per project.  But I do not know of a way of hiding a single field to a single user.

Hello Christian,

You can make fields hidden or visible even in JIRA Cloud (formally JIRA OnDemand). Hiding or showing a field section of the page tells you how to.

Cheers,

Mai

JIRA is intended as a collaboration tool, and hiding fields from users runs absolutely counter to the principle of openness that a team needs when its members are working together.  So no, there is no way to hide fields from users.  A field either exists and is available to all, or it does not exist for the issue/project.

If you were on the server version, there is an add-on which will enable this function, but you can't use it on Cloud.

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Summit 2018

Meet the community IRL

Atlassian Summit is an excellent opportunity for in-person support, training, and networking.

Learn more
Community showcase
Posted Wednesday in New to Jira

Are you planning to trial, or are currently trialling Jira Software? - We want to talk to you!

Hello! I'm Rayen, a product manager at Atlassian. My team and I are working hard to improve the trial experience for Jira Software Cloud. We are interested in   talking to 20 people planning t...

220 views 3 0
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you