How can I have a report with test steps that are failed within each test execution?

Cristina Gomes April 17, 2023

Hi there!

I wanted to know how can I get a report that can show me how many tests are passed, within each test execution and within each test plan, but also which steps led to the failure of which test.

Is there a way through which I can have this information? I'm using v8.22.6

Thanks for your help :)

2 answers

0 votes
Rupal Der April 17, 2023

Creating JQL led graphs/dashboard will help. However ideally for such crucial/detailed execution coverage view, having a Test Management App wilting your Jira would be ideal. Feel free to write to me for further clarity.

Cristina Gomes April 19, 2023

Hi Rupal Der.

Thank you for your answer.

Could you help me with that, pls?

Thank you so much!

Rupal Der April 26, 2023

Sure Cristina,

Please share your email address or feel free to write to me at rupal.der@qmetry.com

Like Cristina Gomes likes this
0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 17, 2023

Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

How have you implemented testing inside your Jira?  Have you built something that use issues to represent cases, executions and so on, or have you got one of the test management apps installed?

Cristina Gomes April 19, 2023

HI Nic!

I use X-ray to create all our tests and then use Jira's test execution, test sets and test plans.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 20, 2023

I'm a bit rusty on X-ray, but is https://docs.getxray.app/display/XRAYCLOUD/Test+Runs+List+Report a starting point?

Like Cristina Gomes likes this
Cristina Gomes April 21, 2023

Hey Nic.

That is indeed a good starting point! Thanks a lot! I don't know if I can get the test steps that failed, but it's a good start!

Thanks, one again!

Suggest an answer