How can I grant a user different permissions on different tickets ?

sheikh-spear February 23, 2021

Hi everybody,

I'm working on a project that is meant to be used by different types of users (with different permissions).

For now the roles are applied to all tickets, which means that when a user is granted a right, he can apply it on every ticket of the project.

My question is the following:

How can I grant a user different permissions on different tickets ?

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 23, 2021

Other than the visibility of issues (security level), there is no way to do "permission for individual issue".

You can control a lot of what people can do with issues in general, by doing clever things with workflows, but that will be generalised, not per issue.  It's done by "specific data on the current issue"

If you just want to hide issues from people (and hence stop them doing anything with that issue), then have a look at issue security.  If it's not that you want to do, could you give us a description of what permissions you want to amend and how?  Maybe give us a couple of examples?

sheikh-spear February 23, 2021

Hello,

Firstly I would like to thank your reactivity. I think that you've answered my question, I should figure out a system where I could grant permissions generally.

Thank you !

Suggest an answer