How can I give the permission to create an issue for a specific issue type ?

Berat Altunhan May 2, 2023

You know that we don't have the '' condition '' in the create transition in workflow. But I want to give the permission for some roles to create specific issue type. For instance, only the technical manager and project manager create the X issue type in their project. The permission scheme does not allow permission, as far as I know. 

Should I use a scriptrunner for this? Or are there any different alternatives to this problem? 

Thank you a lot.

2 answers

1 vote
JM Perrot
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 2, 2023

Hi Berat,

To my knowledge it is not possible to give specific creation permissions.

If you really want to do that without scriptrunner and in one project maybe you can use the "User Permission" validator and to grant an "useless" (and/or unuse) permission to technical and project managers.

Berat Altunhan May 5, 2023

I will try it. Thanks for your ideas. I'll get back to you when I do.

Like JM Perrot likes this
1 vote
Valerie Knapp
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 2, 2023

Hi @Berat Altunhan , thanks for your question.

I have understood you want to prevent some people from being able to create certain types of issues in your project.

My suggestion is this - you could create a new project, and then use automation when an issue in the original / source project gets to a certain point, or meets some criteria, to clone it into another project as a different issue type. In this way, you can allow for people to create the issue types they need to, while preventing them from creating the 'wrong' type of issue. Do you think something like this would work / meet your requirement?

If not, please give your feedback and myself or someone else will try to come up with more suggestions for you.

Cheers

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events