How can I get details of all the dates changed in a custom field?

Surbhi Soni May 25, 2023

I want to retrieve all the date changes that happened to tickets in a project in custom fields.

For example, we have couple of custom date fields (Dev Planned Start Date, Dev Actual Start Date) and Dev Actual Start Date gets changed multiple times due to some blocks or issue, it was May 1 then got postponed to May 10, further to May 24.

JIRA only displays the last date (i.e May 24) but I want to see all the dates and show them in Advanced Roadmap Plan or some kind of report so that management can see how much times dates have been changed along with the dates.

Can anyone help me in achieving this?

Thanks in advance.

Surbhi

2 answers

0 votes
Surbhi Soni May 26, 2023

Thanks for replying @Mohamed Benziane .

This would be creation of lot of custom fields. I want to show that date was orginally May1 then May10 and so on.

Can you suggest any other option for achieving this.?

Thanks in advance

Mohamed Benziane
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 26, 2023

You can look at the history using the REST API, but you'll not be able to push this information in roadmap

0 votes
Mohamed Benziane
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 25, 2023

Hi,

The only way to see old value of a customfield is to go to the history tab to get the info.

May be you could create a new custom field that will hold the old value when someone change the value in the customfield (using a script or automation)

Suggest an answer