How can I generate a report of time logged per WorkLog attribute and not per task?

Rich Scire November 10, 2015

My team needs to be able to answer the question how much time was spent on a project subtotaled by one Work Log attribute. Is that possible using Tempo reports?

5 answers

1 vote
Arto Kovalainen June 21, 2018

I would like to have this as well. What's the point having worklog attributes if you can't base any reporting on that. Using excel exports is not any kind of solution.

Bartosz Kwiecien July 19, 2018

Correct i need some filtering or reporting per attributes.

0 votes
Albert Hauksson November 13, 2015

Hi @Richard Scire,

Yes it's possible to export the report to Excel. The worklog attributes should be included in the Excel export of your report. 

Best regards,

Albert Hauksson
Tempo Team

0 votes
Rich Scire November 11, 2015

James, I have created a worklog attribute WorkType with 4 values. I want to know for each project how much time was spent per value of the attribute type. So, for project X how much time was logged with using attribute WorkType values A, B, C, and D. I don;t, for this report how much work was done per issue.

0 votes
Alexandra Topoloaga
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 10, 2015

Hi Richard,

This can also be done using SIL Excel Reporting plugin.

It is the latest released plugin from Kepler-Rominfo and enables you to export data to excel by writing some simple scripts using SIL.

The plugin comes with a few default templates, one of them being Time tracking for current user. You could modify it and get what you need.
You can find more information about SIL and SIL Excel Reporting and plenty of examples on our documentation pages. 

If you have any more questions, we're eager to help.

Best Regards,
Alexandra 

0 votes
James Strangeway
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 10, 2015

Are you saying you want to see the amount of time logged to a particular task, story or issue?  If that is the case, then yes you can do that.  

Suggest an answer